Maiktronix Company Profile
Factory and Showroom
4 TM Tlhabane Road
Old Cashbuild Building
Tel: 053 773 1017
We are a manufacturing company that specialises in the fabrication of Glass and Aluminium products as its core business.
Secondary to manufacturing, we supply and install surveillance
security and automation systems. Maiktronix is a registered Close Corporation (cc) under the Close Corporation Act no.69 of 1984. The Company is solely owned and managed by a young and energetic Black South African woman.
Maiktronix has developed itself as one of the best organically growing company in its line of business. From its humble beginning in 2011, the company have strived to develop its competitive capabilities around a capable and talented workforce, as well as acquiring advanced production technologies.
With its unique ability to learn quickly, adapt and evolve; the company has managed to bring innovative and appealing Steel and Aluminium products to the market thereby satisfying the ever-changing customer’s needs and transform many houses into
appealing homes and valuable investment assets.
To be a renowned manufacturer of contemporary, aesthetic Steel and Aluminium products as well as an installer of electronic security and automation systems in South Africa.
With our experience, we aim to design, fabricate and market quality products in a cost-effective manner to the benefit of our customers while creating exciting and rewarding careers for all company employees and wealth for the shareholders.
- Innovative and aesthetic designs
- Superior quality
- Service excellence
Scope of Business
Maiktronix scope of business includes consultation; designing, fabrication, supply and installation of Aluminium products and electronic security and gate automation systems to both individuals, institutional and commercial clients.
Product and Services Portfolio
Our product range includes customised and standard Steel and Aluminium products, electronic security systems and automation. The list of our products includes:
- Aluminium and Glass Works: Manufacturing, Installations and Repairs of
- Aluminium Sliding, Folding Doors, Hinged and Pivot Doors
- Aluminium and Glass Office partitioning
- Aluminium Garage Doors and Gates
- Glass supply, replacement and putty glazing
Line of Business
Product and Services Portfolio
Our product range includes customised and standard Steel and Aluminium products, electronic security systems as well as gates and doors automation systems. The list of our products includes:
- Steel Works: Fabrication, Installation, Maintenance and Repairs of
- Plant Equipment maintenance and construction
- Maintaining and repair of pipes, handrails, crusher liners, floor grids, vibrating screens
- Mobile and Workshop Equipment Steelworks
- Design, fabrication and reconditioning of
- Haul trucks buckets
- Bull-dozer bowls
- Haul trucks front bumpers
- Vehicle bull bars and roll bars
- Gas stands
- Bobcat Trailers and
- Car Trailers, Tanks,
- Big drums,
- Long pipes with flanges,
- Big Lobster bends,
- Big cones, Square and rounds
- Buildings steel structures maintenance and repairs
The company is managed by versatile and qualified professionals with hands-on experience in business management and technical know-how in Steel and Aluminium products fabrication.
As the founder of Maiktronix cc, Mrs. Tsholo Majeng has a good management track record and experience dating back to 2004 as the Trainee Manager for Shoprite/Checkers and First National Bank. Her entrepreneurial exposure started in 2008 with the establishment of Maikemisetso Transport and Projects, a successful enterprise currently specialising in DSTV, Video, audio installation and DSTV Agency.
She currently holds a Diploma in Retail Business Management from Cape Technikon and SAB Kick-Start Entrepreneur Training Programme from GIBS. She established Maiktronix in 2011 and since then she has acquired a number of awards in this journey
Chief Executive Officer
Mr. McGregory Majeng is the CEO of the company with in-depth experience in mining and metal engineering. His technical and commercial knowledge of the Maiktronix line of the business adds immense value to the success of this company.
His career started early in 2005 when he was a Trainee Mining Engineer for De Beers and grow to a Mine Superintendent in 2007 until 2010 on behalf of BHP Billiton. He joined Maiktronix in 2010. Throughout his career, he has acquired extensive experience in management at the senior level which is currently applied at Maiktronix.
As a professional, his highest qualification is an Honours Degree in Mining Engineering from Wits University. Apart from this, Mr Majeng has done a number of short courses which are aligned to his current position and they include Programme in Financial Management (Unisa), Aluminium Fabrication (Wispeco), Security Access 6 Control, CCTV camera installations and Garage Automation (Centurion and Security Warehouse).
Maiktronix strives to make a difference in the communities in which we operate. We are proud to have been partnered with social clubs and NGO on a number of initiatives as well as doing our in-house charity work. Those include:
Donations and Charity
- Abangane Social Club – Wellness/Fitness Fun Run Sponsorship to promote healthy living.
- Desperado Charity Run – Annual Bike Run that involves the donation of FOOD Parcels, Clothing and blankets to the needy
- Mothibistad Netball Club KIT Sponsorship
- Mandela Day Employee Initiative – Replacement of broken Window glass and window repairs to disadvantaged families
- UMK Joe Morolong Campus Graduates – We offer these young and aspiring artisans job opportunities in our factory. They acquire on-the-job skills that prepare them for bigger opportunities in the mining industry.
- Kuruman FET College Interns – Partnered with Black Management Forum (BMF) Northern Cape in the placement of admin interns at our Factory.
- The DTI Technology for Women in Business Award Finalist 2014.
- The SAB Kickstart National Youth Entrepreneurial Award 2014
- Eskom Business Investment Competition Award 2018
- National Productivity SA Award 2018
Audio and Visual Milestones to-date
- First Woman Accredited Installer in the Country (RSA) – Ellies
- Accredited Gate Motors, CCTV, Electric Fencing and Access Control Installer
- Toptv – Granted the Only Accredited Installer for Kuruman, Kathu and neighbouring towns by Toptv Head office JHB(July 2010)
- Dstv Furniture Stores – Granted the sole Dstv Installer for Beares, Barnetts, Furn City, Lewis, Town Talk furniture stores (May 2010)
- Samsat – Granted the Only Accredited Installer for Samsat Dstv products servicing furniture store as Barnetts and Price & Pride (May 2010) –Kuruman & Kathu
- Ga-Segonyana Municipal Caravan Park Installation – Successful bidder for the supply, installation and maintenance of the Ga- Segonyana Municipal Caravan Park Satellite and Terrestrial TV system.
- BHP Billiton Hotazel Manganese Mines – Supply and Installation of 5 World Cup PVA Systems
- Joe Morolong Municipality – Supply and installation of the Municipality Dstv system
- Camel Rock Pub – Successful Supply and Installation of a complete Entertainment system for the Pub in Kuruman
- Achieving a record-breaking 1000 Dstv systems Installation in 6months time from June month 2010 World Cup.
- Multichoice Agency Owner 2011
Plant and Equipment
Our workshop and retail outlet are located within our trading area, We are able to focus on our regional customers and at the same time serve other customers from neighbouring areas. The production workshop, located at Mothibistad Industrial is capable of accommodating all production resources and different manufacturing activities for various projects. Our administrative office, reception and sales area with product display space for customers view are all located in 1 area, thereby minimising cost and ensuring 1 stop shop for our clients. The proximity of these premises to one another offers management; production team and sales a synergy to work together.
Our workshop is equipped with technological equipment, machines and power tools capable of completing small to large scale projects to satisfactory standards and quality. Resources at Maiktronix disposal includes:
- Steel Cutting equipment,
- Aluminium Fabrication machinery;
- Pneumatic tools
- Compressors and spray-painting equipment
- Audio and Visual Installation tools, e.g. Satellite meters
Transport and Delivery
- Maiktronix has a range of in-house fleets to suit all purposes of crew transportation.
Compliance and Regulations
Maiktronix is a certified ISO 9001:2015 Company on Assembly, supply and sales of Aluminium windows frames, doors and garage doors. We also comply with statutory bodies such as
- South African Glass Glazing Association (SAGGA)
- Association of Architectural Aluminium Manufacturers of South Africa (AAAMSA),
- Workmen’s Compensation registration
- UIF Registration
- Tax Compliant to date
- Member of the Aluminium Federation of South Africa (AFSA)
- Participant of the Hulamin Aluminium Beneficiation Initiative (ABI)
- Wispeco Accredited (JHB) (2012) – Aluminium casement windows and doors fabrication and Installation
- Wispeco Accredited (DBN)(2012) – Aluminium Garage Door fabrication and Installer
- Security and Communication Warehouse Accredited Installer (2011) – CCTV Systems Installations and configuration
- Nemtek Accredited Installer (2011) – Electric Fencing Installer
- Centurion Systems Accreditation (2011) – Access Control, Garage and Gate motors Installer
- Maxidor Security burglar prevention systems Accredited Installer – Vetted
- Dstv/Multichoice Accredited Installer